Pre-order now for a June 2022 release!
For a limited time, pre-orders will come with a PDF copy of the Vampire: The Masquerade Cults of the Blood Gods Sourcebook at no additional cost. Any order cancellation involving a free PDF will only refund the price of the physical book minus the price of the PDF.
Mature Content Warning: contains graphic and written content of a mature nature, including violence, sexual themes, and strong language. Reader discretion is advised.
When you have already experienced death, why have faith?
If you accept that you and everyone like you is cursed by God, why cling to His word?
When you return from the other side as a blood-drinking monster, what purpose serves belief?
Kindred build and are drawn to faiths for myriad reasons. The exertion of power over a flock. Satisfying their Hunger and their Beasts. Elevation of the self. Reassurance of the possibility of redemption. A grand plan they forged or that wasbestowed upon them by secret masters.
While some vampire cults span the globe hiding in plain sight, others are fringefaiths with morbid practices and ancient conspiracies lasting centuries. Others suchas the incestuous Clan of Death and the malignant Church of Set — arguably the largest vampire cults of all — believe in a destiny that will enable them to impose their wills on the world of the living and the dead.
Whether for power, salvation, or transcendence, all Kindred cults wallow in blood. They shed it in sacrifice, demand it of their followers, and exalt in it in unholybaptisms proclaiming their divine glories. These cults dedicated to blood gods are among the most insidious, damning sects of Kindred, and tonight they approach their apex of power.
Cults of the Blood Gods includes:
- An in-character breakdown of the rise of esoteric beliefs among theranks of the undead and how faith drives many of the major aspects ofvampire culture.
- A host of religions — from historic theocracies and globe-spanning conspiracies to fringe cults and mortal beliefs arising in the modernnights — introduced for incorporation into your character backgrounds or as supporting casts and antagonist groups in your chronicles.
- The history, structure, and ambitions of the Hecata, the vampire group known as the Clan of Death, as well as a chapter dedicated to playing a vampire among the Necromancers, and the rituals for their signature Discipline: Oblivion.
- Guidance on how to use ecclesiastical horror and construct cults in Vampire, making them a vivid backdrop for your own stories, including new coterie styles focused on cult play.
- Faith-based story hooks and a full chronicle centered on the activities of the Hecata, involving walking corpses, ghosts, ready-made characters, and the secrets of the most twisted family in the World of Darkness.
- New Loresheets, Backgrounds, and Predator types for inclusion in your chronicles, encouraging player characters to engage fully with thematerial presented in this book.
Download the fillable PDF character sheet here.